<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 13, 2005

"Yeah, but what has the union done for me TODAY?!..." 


I walked into one of my favorite Boss' office the other day as he was on the phone. I mime an apology for the interruption and start backing away slowly. The Boss hand-gestures for me to come in and sit down.

I plop down in one of his chairs and it becomes immediately apparent, from one-side of a conversation, that a subordinate is reaming him out for something. Shortly thereafter, I start smirking because I realize it's one of The Boss' unrepresented employees on the other end of the line, who just found out that he ain't getting the raise Boeing promised. And he's none too pleased.

I lean forward and laugh to the Boss, "tell him to take comfort in that one-time EIP bonus...."



-- Bill, who'll take long-term protection over short-term gain...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?