<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004

United 6692, DEN to ICT, just prior to takeoff... 

Well, I was going to start on the "What I did on my Memorial Day Vacation" essay, relating the past week I spent in Puget Sound, during SPEEA’s annual Leadership Conference and Council Convention/Training Seminars. But what happened on the plane ride from Denver to Wichita today has just got to be The Best Story Of The Trip.

In Denver, we get on some [I think] Canadian "regional jet" that has a 2-2 configuration. I boarded with MW Chair and All Around Dynamite Lady, Debbie Logsdon; we had two adjacent window seats, she in 3-D and me in 4-D. Well, we get to Row 3 and there’s this Old Granny Lady sitting in the aisle at 3-C. Before Debbie can let Granny know that she’s going to be her flight companion in the outside seat, Granny pipes up with "I’m supposed to sit at the window, but I’d rather sit on the aisle."

Debbie, the lady she is, politely ignores Granny’s confusion and says "That’s okay... I don’t mind being at the window." She gets seated and Granny immediately starts up a conversation with her.

I get in behind them, sit down, strap myself in and hear Deb say "I’m not good with ages, so I don’t know I could come close to yours."

Before Granny has a chance to say, "no, really, please guess," I lean forward, between their seats, and state "Twenty seven!" They both laugh, along with Granny’s bowling companions in 3A and B. (There’s some huge women’s bowling tournament in Wichita this summer. But I digress...)

I hear Granny proclaim "No, I’m ninety..." Deb, in honest amazement, states "Really?! What do you attribute your long life to?"

Granny says, without hesitation, "Sex!"


[Wait, wait... it gets better....]

Just a few minutes later, Deb’s got the women across the aisle involved in the conversation and we find out they’re staying at the La Quinta on Kellogg. 3B asks Deb if Kellogg was "Hooker Alley." Deb replies, "Oh, no, you’ll be fine there."

3A follows with "That’s good. We always have to keep an eye on her," pointing at Granny...


-- Bill, who, again, couldn’t make this $#!% up if he tried...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?