<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Regarding that rumored dress code in Military... 



(I've been away from work for a few days, what with a 9x80 NonStandard RestDay and a weekend and the Shareholders Meeting in Chicago and a "no sleep" bus trip and an overnight, 50th birthday visit to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at St. Francis Med Ctr, so I really don't recall the specifics of my current work calendar but, last I remember, the IDS Council Reps and local SPEEA officers were to have our periodic, scheduled meeting with Tom Stringer tomorrow morning. I'd really like to attend, but our negotiations "cooling off" period has ended and we're supposed to meet with the mediator, starting at 9:00 or so. Now, I'm gonna try as hard as I can to be at the Stringer meeting but if more important activities intrude I'd like one of my fellow invitees to discuss the following:)

At our meeting a few months back, the topic of a dress code came up. One of the CRs made mention of a "dress code" e-mail sent out by one of Mr Stringer's managers -- Suzanne Moore, to be exact -- to her subordinates, in which she makes the belittling accusation that she thought her employees earned enough to dress better than they do. Mr Stringer responded that he was aware of the e-mail and that the manager would be "talked to."

It now appears that Ms Moore did not take the Boss' verbal reprimand to heart and has now proceeded to humiliate an individual employee, by name, in an e-mail to her workgroup.


And, DO NOT use [named employee] as your fashion consultant because he is being used as the DO NOT poster boy in all conversations I've hear from upper management. Saturday morning casual is NOT business casual and Tom Stringer and his staff are fed up with the unprofessional dress people have been coming in wearing.


I just wonder how much of this was Mr Stringer's belief and how much was rogue management's, out of control. And, of the latter, just what is he willing to do about reigning in control of anything other than some engineer's fashion sense...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?